Tuesday, March 23, 2004

More Good News!

My computer did not eat my marketing plan -- yea!!! I got a little too organized for my normally sloppy self and filed it in an actual folder on my pc and then forgot to check there when I was looking for it. So, I took some time (a lot of time actually) and got the plan finished today. I'm asking Stacy G. review it for me and make sure that it's coherent and that I didn't forget anything logical. Believe me, it happens all time when forget words or the wrong place put them in : ) (By the way, that was intentional for all those who may start to question my ability to string words together in a sentence.)

I also got line edits back on The Silver Spoon last night, so I need to go through those. But from what I've seen, they make sense and improve what I've written. I have to admit that this part of the process is one of the things I've been worried about from the beginning. It's hard to hand over your baby to someone and have them begin pointing out flaws. Though, truly, a good editor doesn't point out flaws so much as make suggestions to make the book better as a whole. So, I'm excited to see what changes RuneStone is recommending and very relieved to find that from what I've seen so far, I agree with them.

Also on the good news page is that when I got the line edits last night, my editor (isn't that the coolest thing ever to be able to say, "my editor?" I think so) asked for a synopis/outline of book two of the Zara Mitchell series. Which means, if they're interested in the direction I'm going, they could end up asking for that book as well!!!!! I'm so excited!

It's also a little scary as I've never written a synopsis for anything that wasn't completely finished before. And it's been drilled into me so often about never sending anything out until it's finished. But I think that this (sending a synopsis for a not-yet-completely-written book) is the normal process if you're a known author or your publishing company already knows your style of writing and just needs to know the direction your next story will take. Okay, I can't stop grinning--this is so cool! : )

All right, I have to get home. The lunch thing isn't working for me, but the blogging before I go home seems to do just fine.

Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: