Thursday, March 04, 2004

Okay, still recovering. But today, I actually smelled something. Yea!

It was weird. Smelling is one of those things you don't think about it, unless it's really good or really bad. It's like you don't even realize you're processing the information, until one day you can't smell anything at all.

But today, I was just going about my business and boom, suddenly, I realized, hey, I can smell that. It happened to be deoderant that I was putting on. Women's deoderant always smells very flowery (that or baby powder, which I hate).

After realizing I'd regained some sense of smell, I went around smelling everything I could find that I knew had a pretty strong scent. Hand soap, body lotion, garlic rice (my dinner), Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies (my dessert). And all of it, I could smell at least a little bit!

So, in celebration, I'm writing a list.
Ten best scents in the world, in no particular order:
1. Bread baking
2. the ocean
3. the top of a baby's head (don't ask, I can't explain what it smells like, it's just good)
4. A Christmas tree (pine tree/evergreens)
5. A new book (Aaaah. The ink, the glue, the new paper...my dad knows what I'm talking about. My mother thinks we're crazy)
6. Fresh popcorn
7. Clean laundry
8. Sunscreen (is there anything that instantly triggers the thought, summer!)
9. Freshly cut grass (I actually hate this smell because it immediately gives me a headache, I think I'm allergic, but it still one of the best smells in the world)
10. Bacon cooking (To quote Homer Simpson, "Mmmm, unexplained bacon." From the episode, I believe, where Pierce Brosnan is the super house trying to kill off Homer so he can have Marge all to himself.)

Did I forget any? What scent do you think should have made the ten list? Email me sklemstein@msn.com.

Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments: