Monday, March 29, 2004

Too Much!
Okay, I think I've reached my threshold of juggling. In that I'm working full-time, writing another book, thinking of marketing tactics for the one that's being published, and I need to go through and make the last few corrections to The Silver Spoon. Oh, yeah, and we're trying to sell our house. So, sleep is obviously never an option : )

But seriously, I can't tell you what an eye-opener this whole publishing thing has been. I love it! My experience with RuneStone has been so positive, which in some ways only makes it that much harder to go back to my day job. To paraphrase Harry from When Harry Met Sally, "When you find someone that you want to spend the rest of your life with, you generally want the rest of your life to start right away." In my case, it's I found what I want to spend the rest of my life doing and I want to start doing that all the time, right now! But fiscally, that is just not happening, at least not yet.

So, in the meantime, I'll keep juggling and try not to let things drop (especially the things that I'm not all that fond of doing, like the 9 to 5 thing and keeping the house clean for potential buyers) because eventually I know it will get easier. It has to. Otherwise, I'm going to start taking this juggling show on the road.

Note:
One final last minute winner in last week's ampersand contest: Greg K. who wins a whopping imaginary $.72. But that's okay. Because he's my husband and I appreciate the support : ) Thanks, hon!

Okay, that's it for now. I have to run to kickboxing class. Not literally, of course, it would be much too far and I would have no energy for beating the protective pads senseless. Which is the whole point of the class, pounding those nasty, sometimes boss-like, upper management, corporate-politic spouting pads into submission. Then again, it could just be me imagining that.

Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: