Tuesday, March 30, 2004

I've got no wick left!*
I need a new computer!!! I love my computer, a four year old HP. But it doesn't have the speed to let me download stuff the way I need to (like Adobe Reader) and I don't have Microsoft Word. I have Works instead. I'm fine with Works except it apparently doesn't track changes!!! And so I'm paying for that tonight.

I was supposed to turn my edited manuscript back in to my publisher tonight. But after I finished accepting the changes and making little tweaks here and there tonight, I realized I hadn't done one of the things they asked me to do. Make sure there are no extra spaces. And I'm a bad one for this. I learned to leave two spaces after every period, thanks to ancient keyboarding techniques. I've finally trained myself out of that. But I still do one space after every period, even when it's the end of the paragraph. So now I have all these extra spaces that need to be deleted.

And because my home computer doesn't have word, I have to do it at work, at the end of the business day. Which didn't start until 6:15 tonight, so I didn't get home until 10:00. And there are still pesky spaces to be removed!!! Aauugggh!!! I need a new computer (though I still love the one I have)!

Okay, I have to go now and get to bed so I can get to work early and squeeze in more illicit computer time. I think I'm going computer shopping this weekend.

Talk to you tomorrow!
*Extra points for those who realized the title was a reference to burning the candle at both ends.

No comments: