Tuesday, April 05, 2005

On the run today...

Sorry, short entry. I have to run and vote for a referendum in my school district so the children can have silly things like art and music. Seriously, when did we become a society that looked on the arts as OPTIONAL? Without music, art, writing, whatever, you miss out on the beauty of life.

Okay, enough ranting. Here's an interesting article on the probablity of finding other "Earths." Wouldn't that be cool? We won't develop the technology to reach them for who knows how long, but they're hoping to have the equipment to see earth-sized planets by the end of this decade. Woo-hoo, five more years to go!

Also, can someone (Ed or Rob) please explain the premise of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? I know very little about this franchise and am starting to feel like someone left a chapter out of my Geek Handbook : ) My chapters on Star Wars and Star Trek, however, are very thick!

1 comment:

Pat Kirby said...

(Trying out Blogger's comment dealy-o.)

Re:Hitch Hiker
I can't do the premise justice, so I'd suggest checking out Douglas Adams's site. Hitch Hiker and the ensuing books are hilarious. IMO, of course.

The closest thing I can compare them to are Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. Dry, silly, irreverant and British. Loads of fun.