Friday, May 20, 2005

A brief note on Star Wars--no spoilers

I just want to tell you that if you wavering about whether to see the new Star Wars movie--especially based on the last two--YOU SHOULD GO. It was excellent. Very reminiscent of the original. The humor has returned--gotta love R2D2--and it isn't stupid Jar Jar Binks humor either. It was, of course, beautiful and sad, too. But as you watch it, you get this definite sense of the final piece fitting into the puzzle. I simultaneously got tears in my eyes and a chill as I watched the final scene. It was a perfect end...and beginning. That's all I'm going to say because I don't want to take the chance of ruining it for someone. And most, if not all, of my questions were answered. There's some really cool continuity stuff happening too to make it synch up with Episode IV. Empire Strikes Back is still my favorite, I think. But now, if I were to sit down and watch the movies back to back, I'd only skip the first two. I'd start with Episode III, that's how good it is.

In other words, Go See It!!!!

1 comment:

Pat Kirby said...

The humor has returned--gotta love R2D2--and it isn't stupid Jar Jar Binks humor either.

Yey, yippee, cool. [Doing a happy Snoopy dance.]

Empire Strikes Back is still my favorite, I think.

ESB is awesome. It often shows up as an example of (how to write)various story telling elements--foreshadowing, mirroring, dual story arcs, etc.

Thanks for the review!