Thursday, May 12, 2005

No time today whatsoever...

Normally I have a little more time to think about what I'm going to write here, but today was a hectic one. Emergency project at work. We got it done, mostly, but when that adrenaline rush wears off, it leaves you exhausted and feeling like you've worked about eight days in one.

So, no interesting Star Wars articles today : ( But I do have to tell you that George Lucas is reportedly doing a cameo on The O.C either tonight or next week. Very interesting. Not the match up you would think of first. I'm not even sure it's the right demographic. Right age range, probably, but not the right gender. Though, I could be wrong. My husband watches The O.C. with me. I guess I'm making the assumption that most of the audience for Star Wars will be male, though I know there's a big female contingent too. Maybe The O.C isn't that strange a match for Star Wars. It would probably be a little weird if Lucas just suddenly showed up on Battlestar Galactica or something. : ) Not to mention that BG is now in reruns until JULY!!! I think.

I also want to tell you that I'm doing something very out of the ordinary for me. I'm reading, wait for it, *gasp* a business book! I know, I know. Normally, I go out of my way to avoid these books except as coasters or door stops, but this one seems really interesting and I heard M. J. Rose mention it at RT. It's called The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. In it, he explores the concept of how ideas spread like diseases in a way. Cool ideas pass from person to person in an ever-expanding circle until they reach the tipping point, about 30,000 people, which is when almost everyone knows about whatever the cool idea is. I bought it because I wanted to understand more about grassroots, word of mouth marketing. But it's also just an interesting read.

Speaking of cool ideas, check out this site. I saw a woman at RT with a purse like this, only instead of photos or napkins or whatever, she had her book cover in there. I just ordered one for myself!!! : )

No comments: