Wednesday, May 18, 2005

*jittery*

I had the beginnings of a migraine headache (the funny sparkly spots in my eye) this afternoon, and following migraine-avoidance protocol, I chugged an entire 20 oz. bottle of fully-caffeinated and sugared Pepsi (my former boss taught me this and it works every single time). Ah, sweet Pepsi, how I've missed you. I've been off caffeine and most soda now for about two and a half years. I sleep better and I feel a lot better during the day, instead of falling from the caffeine high and trying to boost myself up again all the time.

However, that means caffeine is pretty much a shock to my system these days. I was once up to a two or three bottle a day habit, but now, just that one bottle made me *jittery*. But the migraine was averted, so a little jittery is worth it. Trust me, if someone tells you slamming your hand in the door will help you avoid migraine, migraines are bad enough that it almost seems worth it to have the sore hand instead.

Thank you to the people who wrote me about yesterday's entry. I appreciate your concern : ) I'm working on figuring out some changes that will help me be in a better mood. As always, writing about it helps me sort things out. In the meantime, I'm just praying for patience and guidance. Oh, and little wisdom wouldn't hurt either.

Random things that I've forgotten to tell you...
For those who might be interested, a review of The Silver Spoon and an ad for it are running in the June issue of the Romantic Times Bookclub Magazine. I think you can pick it up any major bookstore. I did this because this is the issue that was given away at the RT convention earlier this month. It completely did not occur to me that other people outside the convention might also notice the review and ad until I got an email from my aunt (Hi Aunt Carol Ann) telling me she saw it in there.

I was pretty happy with the review. 3 stars out of 4 1/2. I think that makes it "A pleasant, enjoyable read," according to the legend. The only criticism in the review itself was that the reviewer felt the book ended too quickly and left her hoping for a sequel. If that's criticism, I'll take it. : )

The ad came out very nicely as well. It's a small black and white ad with other small black and white ads in a full page layout, if that makes sense. Linnea has an awesome ad in there as well for Finder's Keepers. Hers is in color and looks amazing.

I had a lot of fun looking through the magazine and seeing my name in there. : ) It was also fun to go through and see all the names I now recognize because I've met the authors!

And finally, it's time for the monthly (uh, quarterly) edition of GalaxSHE so I'm working on getting that out to you as well. Anything in particular you all want in there? Reading recommendations? Questions answered? My take on the trainwreck that is Britney Spears' reality show? Just kidding. I want the newsletter to be useful...or at least something worth reading! So let me know...

No comments: