Monday, May 23, 2005

Okay, help me, I think I'm addicted...

We saw Star Wars again on Saturday night. And I enjoyed it as much or more than the first time. I also just downloaded the entire soundtrack to my ipod, which is kind of dumb, considering I have trouble believing that I'll listen to it straight through. But the music does give me chills, especially the opening title.

Also, one last note on the Star Wars, then I promise I'll drop it. But I feel okay mentioning this since Meg Cabot also mentioned this very thing as one of the plus sides to the movie. For all those female fans who cringed at the obvious ploy of having Princess Leia in the gold bikini thing in Return of the Jedi, George Lucas has included a scene just for you. In one of those very obvious "hey, we're trying to appeal to the women in the audience" moments, Anakin gets out of bed and the camera totally focuses on his very nicely muscled upper torso as he tosses on a robe. Oh, Hayden Christianson how you've grown up *grin* Think Patrick Swayze in that scene in Dirty Dancing with the oh, so prominent back muscles--remember Beck? And Ed? We probably trapped you in the room a time or two when we were watching that movie, and that scene, over and over again in college.

I can't wait for the DVD. Not just because of that scene (though it is nice!) but I still can't tell what a certain character's last words are. I'm being careful about how I phrase that, just in case. If you've seen the movie and you know what those last words are, please let me know. If I'm being too cryptic, email me and I'll be more specific. I really would like to know what is said, and even seeing it twice, I couldn't tell.

That's it on Star Wars, I promise...for now.

In other news, I'm stuck on a particular scene in my Bitter Pill revisions, argggh! It's just this one scene, I hope, that's keeping me from doing the final clean up on the first three chapters and sending them out to the various people who've so graciously agreed to read them. *grinding of teeth* The change in Rennie's attitude--her awareness of and concern over finding dead bodies all the time--affects the tone of her conversations with Bristol.

In the previous version, he's sort of exasperated with her because she doesn't call him when she thinks there could be trouble. She checks it out on her own first and then calls him. But in the original version, the trauma of finding Doc Hallacy really didn't register with her as much. Nor was she worried about what it meant for her, being cursed, etc. So, they have this kind of banter back and forth. But it doesn't feel right to have her bantering, when she's secretly worrying about what's wrong with her. Nor does it seem right to have him so exasperated with her because it should be fairly clear that she's upset and taking that tone wouldn't really solve anything. So, I've still got to work all this out. *sigh* I'm just eager to see what people think, the old version versus the new version. I'm way too close to it now for any sort of rational opinion. Oh, well, I'll keep working at it! Usually that's the only solution : )

No comments: