Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I'm never eating again...

A bad pepperoni pizza, I kid you not, has laid me low today. I stayed home sick from work with what I'm pretty sure is food poisoning. It sounds stupid, but I forget how much I hate throwing up until it happens again. It's been years and the last time, it was from the flu which actually landed me in the emergency room. This time, it wasn't quite that bad, but still...ugh.

But something very weird/interesting/scary happened last night in my neighborhood. I don't have the energy right now to get into describing it, but I'll cover it tomorrow. All I can say is I don't remember the last time I was that scared just sitting in my own home.

2 comments:

Eddie said...

Just a question ...
was there actually a point prior to today where you were all like "You know, I don't really mind throwing up all that much" and then today you realized the folly of your ways?

Stacey said...

Ha, ha, Ed. No, it was more like *shrug* throwing up, eh, whatever.

Not to be too graphic with information, but I used to be able to make myself sick deliberately as I found doing so when I had a queasy stomach often made me feel better. Got rid of whatever was in my stomach, making it feel queasy.

But I've lost my nerve for it. Ever since I had the flu a couple of years ago and couldn't stop getting sick, now I totally fear it. Like I fought against it yesterday for so long that the dread of it actually was worse than the actual act.

Okay, that's enough probably information, right? : )