Thursday, June 02, 2005

Self-absorbed today

I'm having one of those days where I feel like I've been working so hard and not accomplishing anything. So, in my little "poor me" mood, I've decided to compile a list of all the stuff I HAVE gotten done. And a list of all that still remains undone. : (

In the last week, I've:
-written an article for Once Upon A Romance to be published sometime in the future

-ordered new business cards (go here and get 250 free!)

-sent a list of recommended books to the organizers of the Writers' Institute, per their request (by the way, if you download their brochure, you'll get to see a description for the panel I'm on *grin*)

-cleaned out about six boxes worth of junk in our basement (still have a bunch more to go and...ugh, the garage!)

-wrote some potential copy for banner ads, which Linnea is going to design for me (thank you, Linnea!)

-met with Stacy G. to go over some of her thoughts on revising Bitter Pill (Thanks, Stacy G!)

-sent revised versions of first three chapters of Bitter Pill to Becky and Professor Byrne because they also indicated a willingness to be guinea pigs--brave people! (Thanks, Beck and Ed!)

-researched online to find out how long you need to keep old bills and bank statements (answer? No one wants to commit to any particular timeframe, probably for fear of being sued. But I gather that it's sometime between one year and the end of life as we know it-- the apocolypse.)

-continued work on my current projects, including one that was supposed to be a short story for this website and is, at the moment, already 280 pages long...and still going.

-fixed our DSL last night (oh, forget keeping your old bills...this item alone is probably a sign of the coming apocolypse : ) )

-narrowed down possible dates for my sister's visit in July

I still need to:
-revise handouts for Writers' Institute binder

-create another version of the first three chapters of Bitter Pill (possibly) based on Becky's original comments and ideas from Stacy G. (Or else I'll just wait for all the feedback to come in and then make another version--I haven't decided quite yet)

-develop at least three writing class proposals for Harper College's Continuing Education Program

-get past a difficult scene in one of my current projects, while still continuing to make daily progress

-get a haircut

-sort through remaining seven or eight boxes in the basement, plus five rubbermaid totes of Christmas decorations

-go through kitchen cabinets and master bedroom closet to get rid of extra stuff we don't need

-CLEAN OUT THE GARAGE!

-tidy up the rest of the house before next Thursday

-create a spreadsheet of all the books that I'm planning to donate and/or sell at a garage sale and send to interested friends to see if they'd like first dibs on free books

Blah. Okay, I'm not sure that made me feel any better. I still have so much to do. And I'm trying to squeeze it in around work and everything else. The To Do list is always longer, isn't it?, and never, ever empty.

Oh, well, I'm going home to eat cookies. I'm out of the office and away from the computer tomorrow doing vague, mysterious errand-type things that I hope to be able to tell you about soon. And no, it's not a) a baby b) a new job or c) another book deal -- though, actually, any one of those would be fun. I may post tomorrow if I have news. If not, have a great weekend!

No comments: