Thursday, June 30, 2005

Weirdness

Random little tidbits...
-I'm absurdly proud of the fact that I've never seen a single episode of "Dancing with the Stars." It's not just that I haven't seen it, but that somehow I feel some kind of vindication for not caving and watching a show that I would normally have no interest in even though it's the one of the few new things on television right now. Strange and a little sad? Yes, I know. : ) This is not to say that there's anything wrong with the show. I'm sure for people who enjoy ballroom dancing, this is a great new thing. But I don't have any interest in it and for some reason, I feel quite proud of myself for not vegging out in front of it just because it's on. However you know what they say...pride goes before a fall. So perhaps I'll end up watching it yet.

-Does anyone else remember a short story (I think) in which a robber or thief bites off (or tries to bite off) a woman's finger to get her ring? I'm pretty sure this is something I read in a literature class in college. Or...I could be remembering something in the horror genre. I'm thinking it's like a Flannery O'Connor or something like that. Any former English majors out there who know what I'm talking about? I don't need to know for any reason. It's just bugging me!

No comments: