Thursday, October 07, 2004

I got an IPod, I got an IPod!!!!!

Today is my birthday -- the last one of this decade for me. Eeek. But my husband, Greg, got me an awesome gift. A brand new IPod!!!! And I'm so glad he got it for me this year...next year I will be too depressed to be excited about anything, I think (I'm actually struggling with it a little bit this year. I know it's a cliche but I've always argued that cliches, like stereotypes, often have some little grain of truth in them, otherwise they wouldn't be cliches. )

Finally, my IPod lust has been sated : ) I'm so excited! I'm actually loading songs on it right now (The Very Best of Sheryl Crow, at the moment). I'm thrilled with the idea of being able to carry all my music with me at once. I'm always in the car thinking, Oh, I wish I'd have remembered to bring that CD. I'm also one of those people who likes one or two songs off an album, but not the whole thing. So this is perfect for me!!!

I also use music to help me with writing. I listen to certain songs or albums to help me get in the right frame of mind for whatever project I'm working on. For example, I listened to the Evanenscence album incessantly when I was working on the last draft of The Silver Spoon. I still love a few of the songs on there, but I've completely burned myself out on most of them, even though it's an excellent disc. So, I'm really excited to be able to create playlists, soundtracks, in effect, for all my projects. I always try to collect songs that remind me of certain characters or settings or ideas. So this is great!

(Thanks, honey : ) I love it!)

2 comments:

phule said...

Congrats! Color me green!
:)

Anonymous said...

YEAH - IPODS ROCK!!!

Let me start with Happy Birthday. I have your card on my desk ready to send out (I actually remembered that it was October 7th this year - only took 10 years), but I don't have your new address at work. Anyhow - HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Second, iPODs rock. Of course, working in a complete Mac environment, I have to say that just about anything that comes from APPLE rocks. I love their commercials too. I be green as well. Did you get the car adapter so you can listen to it in the car without headphones?

Third, it is so ironic that you listened to Evanescence while writing Silver Spoon, because that is exactly the music I associate with your book. I love their music (Daredevil soundtrack and from Alias as well). It is sort of sci-fi-sounding...

Finally, don't worry about 29. As my brother told me, you've already finished your 29th year, you're starting on your 30th year now!!

:)

Happy Birthday!

Becky