Tuesday, October 12, 2004

I'm back!

Okay, a typo in my title originally made it say "I'm gack!" which I find particularly amusing right now. It could be because I'm tired : )

This weekend was fabulous, very busy, but fabulous. I drove down Friday night to stay at my parents' house in Peoria to be able to visit with them between book signings, which was great. Saturday started off bright and early with another road trip to Champaign. Amazing how much more nervous I was this time than with Stacy G. along for the ride : ) But I found the Borders with no trouble. Once inside, I hauled in all my stuff and found that the Borders staff was expecting me, had a table ready and everything! They were so nice to me. Helping me set up, making sure I had everything I needed. It was truly wonderful. I sold three books, which is pretty good, considering the average number of sales during a book signing (by a new, unknown author) is 4! A huge thank you to Daniel, Marci and Linda and all the other great staff members of Borders Champaign.

All right, I feel like I'm trying to race through this, which is not what I want to do. I'm tired and it's been a long day at Corporate America. So, I will finish tomorrow with the details of the other two signings, another good review for The Silver Spoon, and lessons learned from this mini-tour which will help me (and possibly anyone else thinking of doing this same thing) the next time.

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: