Monday, October 18, 2004

Website update/Weird stuff

Just a quick note...This weekend I updated the files for my website but it wouldn't load properly, so my friend and tech advisor, Ed, is coming over tonight to try to fix it. So, you may see an updated site tomorrow or, with no reflection on Ed's skills but my own, the whole thing may be completely fouled up! So just a warning...

You know, other writers talk about characters coming to the front and protesting to have their time in the spotlight. I've never really experienced that phenomenon. Most of mine are bit passive agressive in that if I'm not doing it right, they get annoyed and just refuse to talk further. But someone new has cropped up this time. And she's rather impatient and not above influencing others to get them moving on with things in their story so I'll have time to hear her. I'm not supposed to get to her until after I've finished my current project, something shorter than normal, which may be why she's pushing so hard. I may have to start writing both at the same time, something I've never really done before. I'm kind of worried about doing that because when I'm writing something new, I like to work on it every day. And there's only so much time in the day. So, we'll have to see...but I must confess it's a fun and fascinating phenomenon. I can see why other writers are both delighted and baffled by it. Like right now, I'm listening to music (my IPod!) and thinking about how crazy this sounds and she says something very sarcastic, like, "And here I thought listening to music was supposed make the voices go away." Hee. That probably doesn't make sense without knowing her, which I hope you will soon. And she's pushing for much sooner rather than later!

Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: