Monday, February 21, 2005

Aaaack....I almost finished my synopsis.

I put a LOT of hours in this weekend on this damn synopsis. Can I tell you how much I HATE writing these things? I'm almost finished. Thirteen pages. It's way too much detail, but I'll be able to go through and cut things out later. I'm a little distressed as two of my very favorite scenes have fallen by the wayside. I don't know if they'll stay out or not. It all depends on the beginning. And, after coming up with another beginning for the story, I'm starting to think I should go back to the original beginning. *sigh* But for right now, I have to finish this stupd freaking thing and then I can make decisions about what stays and what goes.

The best experience I ever had writing a synopsis was when I had to write one for Bitter Pill (soon to be retitled). I did it in a day because an agent had agreed to take a look at it. However, Bitter Pill is a much shorter story with significantly fewer alien complications...like none.


All right, so I'm going back in to finish this thing. *Applying nose back to rough edge of grindstone* And yes, it is as painful as it sounds.

: )

No comments: