Thursday, February 03, 2005

Love is Murder

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm going to be out and about this weekend, Friday through Sunday, at the Love is Murder conference in Rosemont. I'm really nervous and excited. Probably more nervous than excited at this point, but as a friend pointed out to me, I'm like that about everything new at first. I'm looking forward to improving my mystery writing capabilities, bumping into some people that I know and meeting new people. J.A. Konrath, who provided me with excellent advice in asking authors for blurbs, will be there. His book, Whiskey Sour, was a terrific read. And, I'm so excited, one of my very favorite authors in the whole wide world, Kelley Armstrong will also be there!!!! Here's hoping I make a better first impression with her than I did with Laurell K. Hamilton (whose husband still remembers me from how nervous I was.) : )

I'm also going to be speaking, I think, on a panel with other first-time authors. So that should be fun. In the stomach-twisting, think-I'm-so-nervous-I'm-gonna-throw-up kind of way.

In any case, the point of this entry was to let you know that updates will likely be scattered, at best, or non-existent until Monday or Tuesday.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, please stop by the Schaumburg Library next weekend, February 12, to shop a HUGE used book sale and charity event. Some of your favorite Chicago romance novelists will be there signing their books. All proceeds go to the American Heart Association. The sale starts at 10:00 a.m. and goes until 2:00 p.m.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stace:

You crack me up.

Good Luck this weekend!

Michael