Thursday, February 10, 2005

I have no idea what to put here...

Random factoids that you might find interesting:

-Romantic suspense writer, Lisa Gardner, has a terrific section on her website about writing, particularly about writing a synopsis. If you haven't read any of her books, you definitely should. The Perfect Husband scared me to death when I read it a few years ago. I also enjoyed The Other Daughter, which is a "what would you do if you found out that you were the daughter of a serial killer?" sort of story.

-I bought more books today. White Bikini Panties by Kelly James-Enger. I've met Kelly before at a writer's conference, so her book caught my attention. Plus, the first page really hooked me. Completely and utterly a truth, not often talked about, the way women choose what underwear they're going to wear for any particular day. I also bought Mary Janice Davidson's new book. Or, it was listed in the new section, at least. I can't seem to find it on Amazon and to better avoid temptation at work, it's out in my car at the moment.

-This article was interesting -- Do we have to spell things out for E.T.? Okay, we always talk about what to put in a message to all the potential life-bearing solar systems out there. What would happen if we actually got one instead? How trippy would that be? Do you think we'd pursue it or not? Most likely, we'd have to build some kind of huge ship, bristling with weapons, first. Or, how about this...do you think we've already gotten this message, and it's now printed out somewhere and stacked in boxes in a secret government warehouse, like the Ark of the Covenant in Indiana Jones, while we work on building the big space ship with the even bigger guns? Hmmm.

That's it. I'm tapped. I've been whining about Zara II long enough. I don't even want to bore myself with it today. Just got to keep working away at it.

No comments: