Friday, February 25, 2005

Road Trip!

Only not the gross Tom Green kind. I'm on my way, in just a few moments, to beautiful Madison, WI for a screenwriting class. Nope, I have no designs on the film industry (though, that would be cool at some point) but one of the professors from UW-Madison that I really like is teaching a class about screenwriting that she says applies to novel writing equally as well. I hope so. I'm having some trouble with character development/internal conflict in Zara II, and I'm hoping this class will help. Of course, I was thinking just the other day, if this were a work project, I wouldn't be allowing myself to hem and haw and waver back and forth. I'd just write it, turn it in and wait for revisions. So, there is something to be said about overthinking something so much as to stall you completely. I can't do that at work or I'd never get anything done. Course, I care a great deal about the quality of my fiction writing...I'll let you follow that corollary to its natural end. : )

So, I have change for the tolls, a giant chocolate chip cookie, a bottle of water, a change of clothes and my laptop. I've also packed a little reading for tonight. I'm taking Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner with me. She is, for some reason, my road trip buddy. I took Good In Bed by Jennifer Weiner with me to Hawaii. Or maybe it was In Her Shoes. I really like her stuff. It's chick lit and fun, but it always has some heartache behind it.

Anyway, I have to get out of here because I'd like to get on the road before rush hour really kicks in.

I'll update you all on Monday! Wish me luck and safe travel : )

No comments: