Thursday, February 03, 2005

This is so cool!

Mars fascinates me. Mainly, I think, because it's the one they claim is most like Earth. It likely had water at some point and temperatures conducive to life as we know it. In fact, I read somewhere that scientists (or at least one of them) believe that life on Earth may actually be Martian in origin, thanks to some bacteria or whatever that hitched a ride on metorite that crash-landed on Earth. (hey, Earth is an anagram for heart, just realized that.)

Anyway, I found this article on terraforming Mars. This is just such a cool concept. I only wish I was going to be around to see it happen *sighs wistfully*. Alas, as my husband and I were discussing last night, we won't even make it to the 2100's. That's the sucky thing about mortality, missing out on all the cool things yet to come. Or to paraphrase my favorite Television Without Pity recapper, Deborah, "Well, that's one of the sucky things about mortality."

No comments: