Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Still chipping away at it...

All right, I'm nearly there with the synopsis (7 pages in, heading speedily toward the climax). I'd probably be even farther along if I could convince myself to work on it at home. But I don't want to write it on my laptop as I'm kind of treating that as my "place" for new work at the moment and I don't want to write it on my desk top because...are you ready? this is so lame...the chair is so freaking uncomfortable at that desk. Yes, I know I could fix that. I probably will. But in the meantime, I thought I'd distract you from the lack of content in my blog by giving you a link to this book, which I stumbled upon and now desperately want to read. I think Jude Devereaux wrote once that readers are only ever interested in the clothing and the bathroom in historical romance novels. I guess this would be part of that fascination. I mean, bras, in their current incarnation, are a relatively new torture device. I'd be interested to see what other instruments of cruelty women have stuffed themselves into to meet the demands of fashion and looking sexy.

But I can't quite convince myself that I need such a book so badly for research when I don't write historical novels. At least not at the moment. : )

Here's another odd one that I found a few months back. It's reportedly the book used most often on all the CSI shows when they have forensic questions. But again, probably something I don't need. Plus, $200!!!! For ONE book. I don't think so.

No comments: