Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Woohoo, hair cut time!!!

I finally remembered and/or got around to making an appointment for a hair cut. It's been exactly one year and a month since my last one. When my hair was short, I used to get a hair cut every six weeks or so. Right now, when I leave it down, which is pretty rare, my hair hangs more than halfway down my back.

I'm excited. I love getting my hair cut. I always leave feeling much lighter than when I walked in. Some of that's the pound and a half of hair that they cut off, but some of it's just plain mental. If you feel like you look better, you feel better.

Plus, there's something so relaxing about turning yourself over to someone else's ministrations. Someone else washing your hair always feels so much better than washing it yourself. The hot water, the lying back and relaxing in a chair, the sweet smell of the shampoo, the scalp massage...yes, scalp is an ugly word, in my mind, but I swear it should be treated as one of those spots Monica referred to in that episode of Friends ("7, 7, 7!")

Overall, a very sensuous experience. As in, an experience that appeals to the senses. The word sensuous does not always imply something to do with sex, though that's the meaning people usually associate with it. There are lots of sensuous experiences that don't have anything to do with sex! But then again, sex is a pretty sensuous (appealing to the senses) experience so I guess I understand why that is. *grin*

No comments: